Al Green calls for the House to vote for Trump’s impeachment on Wednesday. Even if he won’t be charged with obstruction of justice, experts say charging him is not necessary to bring articles of impeachment against Trump.
But passing articles of impeachment requires a majority of the House, so even if all the Dems vote for, they’ll still need 22 Republicans, which will never happen, as that will cause damage to the party brand.
As for me, talks about impeachment sound like political and journalistic speculation on the topic. But let’s see, who will take his seat if he gets impeached, respectively.
- Vice President Mike Pence
- Speaker of the House Paul Ryan
- Senate President Pro Tempore Orrin Hatch
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
- Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin
- Secretary of Defense James Mattis
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions
- Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke
- Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue
- Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross
- Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta
- Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price
- Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson
- Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao
- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry
- Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin
- Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly
Now check this list once again, and make sure you still want Trump to be impeached 😉